Hello beautiful people I hope you are all doing well, I would like to apologise for not blogging recently. I have had a really hectic schedule for the past few months which has made it difficult for me to work on posts.Today I come to you with a great quick recipe for tasty light meal using vibrant and robust Asian flavours.
Note: All ingredients should chopped and prepared before the pan
Ingredients, serves 4 people
- 4 lemongrass stalks plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red chill finely chopped, deseeded
- 2 chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 pinch of sugar
- 1 handful of coriander leaves chopped
- Rice noodles, to serve
- First prepare the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaves of the stalk and cut off the end of the stalks. Only use the part of the stalks with purple band in the rings and discard of the rest of the stalks.
- Place the chopped lemongrass with the garlic and chill in the food processor until they are finely chopped.
- Heat the wok to a high heat and then add the oil. once hot add the blitzed mixture to the pan for 10 seconds or till its fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and reduce the heat to a medium heat and allow the chicken to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, soya sauce and sugar and stir fry for another 2 minutes, then add the chopped coriander leaves.
Serve immediately with rice noodles and the extra lemongrass stalks